Women at the Wheel of Clarksville TN, Hopkinsville KY, and Fort Campbell KY give a step by step explanation of how to change a tire on your car.
- Find your tire changing equipment on your vehicle, for a Ford, Lincoln, or Honda car it will be in the trunk and for a Ford, Lincoln, or Honda truck it will be under the back seat.
- Use your tire tool to take off your hub cap and loosen the lug nuts.
- Before removing the tire be sure the vehicle parking break is engaged.
- Take out the jack and assemble the tools.
- In a truck insert the tire tool into the a hole located in the rear of the truck below the tailgate. (There should be a small label indicating the spare tire.) Lower the spare tire by rotating the tool once it is inserted in the hole.
- Place the jack under the axle of the tire that is deflated.
- Attach the tire tool to the jack and twist the tire tool to raise the vehicle.
- Once the vehicle has been raised loosen the lug nuts the remaining way off and remove the tire.
- Raise or lower the vehicle so the lug nuts line up perfectly with the holes for the lug nuts in the spare tire.
- After sliding the spare tire on screw the lug nuts back on finger tight.
- Lower the vehicle until the weight of the car is on the tire and you can't spin the tire freely.
- Use the tire iron to tighten the lug nuts as tight as you can get them.
- After tightening the lug nuts, lower the car the rest of the way and remove the jack.
- Place the flat tire in the place of the spare or replace all your tools and you are ready to go.
By Casey Jenkins